Design for Six Sigma : A Roadmap for Product Development
Dr. Yang and Dr. El-Haik have provided, with their text, the first complete DFSS compendium that integrates Axiomatic Design technology into the vocabulary of pre-emptive quality. If your interest is designing quality into a product or process, as opposed to inspecting it out, this is the comprehensive desk reference text to have.
The authors provide:
- A systematic method for achieving world-class quality in product development and manufacturing using an underlying unifying framework of Axiomatic Design
- Revealing inside-industry case studies
- Groundbreaking comparisons of traditional quality tools with newer approaches
- Focused examinations of engineering tools such as DOE (Design of Experiment), Taguchi Method, Axiomatic Design, and TRIZ (Theory for Inventive Problem-Solving)
- All the information, insights, and knowledge covered by the ASQ Black Belt examination
- Fundamentals of Six Sigma
- Basic Six Sigma Statistical Tools
- Fundamentals of Experimental Data
- Taguchi's Robust Parameter Design; Tolerance Design
- Introduction to Principles of Design (Axiomatic Design)
"The TRIZ Journal is pleased to announce the publication of Design for Six Sigma: A Roadmap for Product Development. Drs. Kai Yang and Basem El-Haik have delivered a tremendous research effort that will support the successful implementation of DFSS for years to come.
Congratulations to the authors for their excellent reference work on the science of design. This text is the culmination and integration of several important areas of research. The integration of Axiomatic Design into most of the topics is a highlight of the text. Yang and El-Haik have published concepts that are included in this book in the TRIZ Journal3. The editors encourage the authors to continue and provide excellent works for our readers.
I recommend this book to anyone who is serious about design and the integration of various design methodologies."
- Dr. Michael Slocum, Editor TRIZ Journal.
Hardcover: 741 pages
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Professional; 2nd edition (August 15, 2008)
Product Dimensions: 8.9 x 6.2 x 1.8 inches
About the Author
Kai Yang, Ph.D. has extensive consulting experience in many aspects of quality and reliability engineering area. He is also Associate Professor of Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering at Wayne State University, Detroit.
Basem S. El-Haik, Ph.D. is Director of Enterprise Excellence and is presently spearheading the effort to deploy Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) across Textron Enterprise. He is also responsible for the planning and execution of DFSS Black Belt waves, champions, projects, and Six Sigma strategies for other organizations.